Pham Hai Chung
Hai Chung is a Senior Lecturer, specializing in brand management and media studies. She is currently a Doctoral researcher in media and communications at the Media School, Bournemouth University, England where she is a guest lecturer in several courses. She had seven years of work experience in marketing communications for International organizations and local organisations across Southeast Asia. Her research interests include emerging markets, media consumption, brand associations and advertising insights. She particularly employs psychological approaches to read the minds of aspiring consumers and audience.
She has been conducting lectures and research for the Faculty of Public Relations and Advertising at the Academy of Journalism and Communication (AJC) in Hanoi, Vietnam. Prior to her appointment at AJC, she was a lecturer at Vietnam National University. She experienced working in several projects conducted by Kearny Alliance (U.S based) in promoting export companies in Vietnam to create more jobs to alleviate poverty. She worked as a writer for a trade magazine of Global Sources (Hong Kong based) for 3 years. Hai Chung later acted as Communication and Campaign Coordinator for ActionAid Vietnam.
She gained a B.A in English, with minor in Amercian Studies at Vietnam National University, Hanoi. She later had a M.A in International Journalism at HKBU as the Hinrich Foundation scholar. She got several scholarships and grants for further training, including KA Fellowship (2007-2008), Inwent Grant (2010), PGR Grant of Bournemouth University (2012,2013), Santander Grant for visiting researcher at Yale University, the U.S (2013). )
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
· · Hai Chung Pham., 2017. Online Hate Speech Practices in Vietnam. Stockholm Internet Forum. Sweden
· Thu Huong Bui and Hai Chung Pham., 2017. Eds. Promotional Culture. (Forthcoming)
· Hai Chung Pham and Thu Huong Bui., 2016. Eds. Social Media. Hanoi: World Publishing House.
· Hai Chung Pham., 2016. Trends of print development in the U.K, Journal of Politics and Communication, Vol 10, pp.52-54.
· Hai Chung Pham, 2016, New generation of Vietnamese Audience, Hanoi Media Days Conference, University of Vienna, Austria.
· Hai Chung Pham, 2016, Cross Communication and Opportunities for Enterprises in Vietnam. Vietnam Report , 2016 CEO Summit.
· Hai Chung Pham., 2016, Luxury Brands and Vietnamese Consumers. Vietnam Report, 2016 CEO Summit.
· Hai Chung Pham, 2015, Good morning Vietnam! Learning and living after Vietnam War., In, Barry Richards (ed), The State, Media and Relation (Working chapter)
· Hai Chung Pham , Barry Richards ., 2015. "The Western brands in the minds of Vietnamese consumers", Journal of Consumer Marketing, Vol. 32 Iss: 5, pp.367 - 375
· Hai Chung Pham, 2015, The role of the media in shaping consumption habits among Vietnamese urban consumers. 2nd International Corporate and Marketing Communication in Asia Conference “Creativity, Cultural Identity and Corporate Social Responsiblity”. pp.242-257.
· Hai Chung Pham., 2014. Urban consumer culture in Vietnam. 39th Macromarketing Conference, Royal Holloway, London, pp. 211-218.
· Hai Chung, Pham., 2014. Western brands in the minds of Vietnamese consumers. 2014 Annual Conference of Emerging Markets, India
· Hai Chung Pham., 2013. Brand consumption in contemporary Vietnam, 5th Annual PGR Conference, Bournemouth University, UK
· Hai Chung Pham., 2012. Professional Journalism in Vietnam, May, Journal of Politics and Communication theories.
· Hai Chung, P (2011) “Consumer behavior in three selected products advertising campaigns in 2010”, Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics and Public Administration.
· Hai Chung, P. (2010) “Advertising in Vietnam”, Academy of Journalism and Communication.
Hai Chung, P and Hong Nam, Nguyen and Thu Mach, Le. (2009) “Building images of Vietnam through Media”, Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics and Public Administration.